Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
What's new in version 1.1.0-0224

1. Optimized the browsing experience for opening share links from mobile devices.
2. Supports rating photos.
3. Supports sorting albums.
4. Supports setting users' access permissions of Share Space folders in batch.
5. Supports applying privacy-related settings to subfolders.
6. Supports limiting the sharing ability of non-admin users.
7. Enhanced the searching mechanism to find more results that match the keywords.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cos no-one wants a map view in the web interface...
I guess that to offer maps on the web interface they have to partner with a mapping provider, and pay for it.
While on mobile the mapping solution is provided by the platform, and paid by the users (through personal data or general % store revenue)

"...Relive your precious moments with the..."

1637846700563.jpeg

I was hoping this update would bring airplay to the photos app on iOS. It appears to have the airplay/cast button but when I click it doesn’t show any Apple TV’s or any of my Samsung tvs which typically show up. Is this a broken feature?

I think airplay from Photos app to AppleTv works fine. Browsing is hidden but when you expand or present images, it shows up on tv. Clean and simple.
If this was your topic ?

I think airplay from Photos app to AppleTv works fine. Browsing is hidden but when you expand or present images, it shows up on tv. Clean and simple.
If this was your topic ?
Yes this is my issue, it does not work. From the photos app on iOS (iPad and iPhone) it doesn’t not airplay anything (sees none of the 3 Apple TV or chrome cast.

Start Photos
Enter IOS ControlCenter, push the big Airplaybutton, choose the right AppleTv
Return to Photos and choose images to view on tv

I have not tried chromecast.
Good luck

Start Photos
Enter IOS ControlCenter, push the big Airplaybutton, choose the right AppleTv
Return to Photos and choose images to view on tv

I have not tried chromecast.
Good luck
That is screen mirroring, which does work. This is not the same as airplay images/video or casting them however. The screen mirroring function has always been there (and is more choppy and renders 4k video playback unwatchable), where casting/airplay in other apps works fine.

That's your option. Is the screen mirrored when playing a video? I don't do it often but think the iDevice's screen doesn't play the video, which would imply it's streaming.

However, I wish Synology would add Apple TV support to the mobile app. For now I permit Plex read access to the shared space's folder and selectively put things in there.

That is screen mirroring, which does work. This is not the same as airplay images/video or casting them however. The screen mirroring function has always been there (and is more choppy and renders 4k video playback unwatchable), where casting/airplay in other apps works fine.
It's more than screen mirroring.
Thumbnails on phone does'nt show on tv, expanded images or presentation shows on tv in good quality, video plays with sound on tv while having controls and picture only on iphone. I believe this requires quite a lot of airplay and presentation funtionality built into the Photos app.
In sum, you get almost the same experience as with the Photo station app on AppleTv. Better image handling, a little less funtionality.
I am not paid by Synology :)

It's more than screen mirroring.
Thumbnails on phone does'nt show on tv, expanded images or presentation shows on tv in good quality, video plays with sound on tv while having controls and picture only on iphone. I believe this requires quite a lot of airplay and presentation funtionality built into the Photos app.
In sum, you get almost the same experience as with the Photo station app on AppleTv. Better image handling, a little less funtionality.
I am not paid by Synology :)
Are you saying this works for you? My devices do not support any casting (when clicking on the button in photos app no devices are found). That is the functionality I’m looking for, am not sure if this is just on my end (unlikely since reproducible on 4 devices), or problem with software.

I too love synology photos on dsm7 and this is the only pain point. Was so happy to see this was supposedly added with 1.1 but doesn’t work.

Note below photo and when you click top right I get second picture with nothing. (And yes network is on, it’s all allowed and settings correct. All other apps work fine for this).

Attachments

• 22C70F49-4AAD-4FA0-A618-56688FE08718.png
    22C70F49-4AAD-4FA0-A618-56688FE08718.png
    291.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 87B2E65E-25B7-4187-9F9B-62797F5FDC80.png
    87B2E65E-25B7-4187-9F9B-62797F5FDC80.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 26
Yes it's working. But the Airplay/Casting-button inside Photos, doesn't work. I need to enter the IPhone Control Center, choose Airplay-screen and then return to the Photos app.
Then you can view fullscreen images, videos with sound and play slideshows - while the phone is the remote control for menus and image-scrolling.

Yes it's working. But the Airplay/Casting-button inside Photos, doesn't work. I need to enter the IPhone Control Center, choose Airplay-screen and then return to the Photos app.
Then you can view fullscreen images, videos with sound and play slideshows - while the phone is the remote control for menus and image-scrolling.
I think there is an issue:bug then. When I go to control center only option I get is screen mirroring. When I turn this on and go back to the photos app it is just mirroring screen and not giving me the remote style controls.

It sounds like I’m doing this the same way you are I believe.

After checking info from Apple, I realize that the functionality I'm talking about actually is in Screen Mirroring (as you jmanco16 said). But for me it's working good with Photos. I suppose the functionality is dependent on hw, IOS, AppleTV versions, etc.
There's work to do for Synology to get this right and generally available.

After checking info from Apple, I realize that the functionality I'm talking about actually is in Screen Mirroring (as you jmanco16 said). But for me it's working good with Photos. I suppose the functionality is dependent on hw, IOS, AppleTV versions, etc.
There's work to do for Synology to get this right and generally available.
Thanks for double checking, I thought I was going crazy!

It is definitely frustrating for the photos app to be so close. The 4K HDR videos don’t work at all (jerky playback on screen mirror but no issues with actual airplay from photos app to Apple TV), and even though we are an Apple household I like my photos/videos on the synology and really like the photos app. Still going to continue to use it, just at the rate synology advances the software not expecting much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.