Currently reading
Synology Photos and album sorting

NAS
DS220+, DS118
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Made the switch to DSM 7 and Synology Photos. Been going through sorting my photos into their own albums, but can't seem to find a way to sort the albums I have created (eg by name, date, free sort, etc).

Is this an option, or do the albums only stay in the order in which they were created?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You'll need to switch to Folder view first:

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 16.01.26.png

Then you can change the sorting:

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 16.01.42.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome SynoMan!

Unfortunately those options are only available in the 'Photos' tab, not the 'Albums' tab, which is what I am seeking to sort.

I changed the setting in the 'Photos' tab to see if it carried over the the 'Albums' tab, but it did not.

Synology needs to make those settings in the 'Photos' tab available in the 'Albums' tab as well!

Upvote 0
I agree, I’m pretty sure this was a feature in Synology Moments. I don’t know why they would leave it out.

Upvote 0
Actually, it is available, but inside albums only. It is not available on Albums tab.
To clarify, that doesn't allow you to sort the top level 'Albums' tab - which is the function that is needed here. It allows you to sort photos within individual albums, which, you are correct in saying, is a function already available.

Upvote 0
Made the switch to DSM 7 and Synology Photos. Been going through sorting my photos into their own albums, but can't seem to find a way to sort the albums I have created (eg by name, date, free sort, etc).

Is this an option, or do the albums only stay in the order in which they were created?
By way of update, and for those following the thread, the album sort feature has been added to both the Photos app on the Synology and the phone Photos app over the last couple of months.

A big thumbs up to Synology for taking on board feedback.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.