Synology Photos backup stores based on modified date instead of creation date

Currently reading
Synology Photos backup stores based on modified date instead of creation date

Last edited:
When photos are backed up using the Android Synology Photos app, by default they are stored in your Personal Space under the MobileBackup folder and then by the folder(s) from the phone. The backup then creates folders by year and month, which one would expect to be the creation date, but instead they are by the modified date.

Example:
  1. Select the 2021 folder, and then 12 folder.
  2. It would be expected that all photos here would have been created in December of 2021.
  3. I have several photos from July, August, September, and November stored here.
  4. When I examine one as an example:
    1. The Information tab correctly shows 2021-07-29 .
    2. The More tab however shows an Original and Creation date of 2021-07-29, with a Modified date of 2021:12:09 (odd date format).
  5. The Modified date is December of 2021 and corresponds to the folder structure of 2021 subfolder 12.
  6. The expected folder structure would be 2021 subfolder 09 based on the Creation date.

Photo dates.JPG

Photo and Folder structure.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.