Currently reading
Synology Photos: force re-indexing?

NAS
DS720+, DS211
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I've just moved nearly all my photos to Photos and have culled thru all the Facial Recognition/People to properly name/tag them etc.
I do have incorrect time/date stamps on a lot of my photos (most of these were originally scanned in by my parents).
That said, I've gone in and tweaked the "captured" dates of a handful of photos with an EXIF editor... so far so good.
BUT Photos is not recognizing that I made a change to the dates and is keeping the incorrect dates (I believe when there is no "captured" dates, Photos just takes the created or modified dates which were the dates the photos were originally scanned).

Is there a way to force Photos to re-index the photos where I fixed the "captured" date AND not blow away all the person ID, tags etc that I have already done??

As an experiment, I moved the folder of about a dozen photos (with the corrected "captured" dates using an EXIF editor) back to my PC, deleted this folder from my Synology photos, and then moved the folder back from my PC to the Synology photos folder... This triggered Photos to evaluate these "new" photos and I now have the proper dates!! Obviously, I just want to go in selectively fix dates, geo locations etc AND have Photos recognize the fact that data was changed and then go ahead and "re-index" those changes.

Thoughts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.