Synology Photos, ghost files, cache, permissions and indexing

Currently reading
Synology Photos, ghost files, cache, permissions and indexing

NAS
DS415+
Hi. I am a long time happy user of Photo Station.
I liked the control it gave me over my users and all our pictures.
I am used to organize and manipulate files via generic file browsers and File Station.

I get uncomfortable whenever software tries to outsmart me and organize stuff behind my back as it think I would like it.

Now I am testing DSM 7 and Synology Photos on a new DS920+
I must say I struggle a bit to understand it.

I have a shared /photo for my users to share and then /homes/"username"/photos for their personal photos.

I have moved a lot of personal files and folders from /photo to /homes/"username"/photos but it seems that /photo is still full of empty ghost files. I can still see all the file structure of the moved stuff, but without the actual content. As if it is cached somewhere?
A re-index doesn´t seem to help.

If I copy a new folder with pictures into /photo it never shows up in my Photos app under Shared Space, I can only se the old stuff..
I seem to have the right permissions.

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Did you find out the difference between map view ( the old photo-way of looking to photos), versus the album view, where you have to make photo's a member, before you see them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.