920+
Router
  1. RT6600ax
  2. WRX560
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hey I am looking for some input on the best way to load my 41,000 photos into Synology Photos.

I have tried to upload/import through the web browser but this only allows me to select 5000 photos at a time and after waiting for 45mins not one photo has been uploaded.

I am wondering if there is a better way? Would I be able to just copy the pictures into the working Photos directory on the Synology? If this is a possibility then I also have another question, do the pictures go into the folder home/photos or homes/UserAccount/photos ?

If anyone has a faster way to import these photos it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your experience.

Thanks

just for your inspiration, this works for me:
my photos were ( and still are) organised by year/ topic in folders on /photo (Shared folder) nothing to do with homes.
It been setup that way since ancient times, just continued this way of working by copying my photos there via mobile phone (photos mobile) or from a camera Into the folders.
I had to modify the shared folder settings of synology photo, and all photos are therefore shared. As I do not use albums, only folder view can be used here.

just for your inspiration, this works for me:
my photos were ( and still are) organised by year/ topic in folders on /photo (Shared folder) nothing to do with homes.
It been setup that way since ancient times, just continued this way of working by copying my photos there via mobile phone (photos mobile) or from a camera Into the folders.
I had to modify the shared folder settings of synology photo, and all photos are therefore shared. As I do not use albums, only folder view can be used here.
Thanks for the input. I just did a full export from apple photo app and have over 41,000 photos and movies just dumped in a large folder.

I wonder if I move that folder over to my DS920+ do I need to import the picture still or can I just dump them into the Photos folder and the Photos app will automatically find them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.