Currently reading
synology photos library to phone.

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Is it possible to use Synology photos and the mobile app to restore the photos back to the phones gallery? I'd like to do it in one shot instead of moving them one by one. TIA

Not sure. On iPhone I can go to the Photos tab in the Synology Photos Mobile and then it seems that using the view 'Months' can be used to select multiple months (so cuts down the image-by-image selection). Then probably using whatever Android calls the Sharing button in iOS you can copy or save locally to the default photos app. I'm not going to test this theory ;)

So not really a restore, more a copy to new location. If it works.

Another idea would be to use DS file, or file sharing app of your choice, and copy the photos folder from your NAS to your phone's memory. But then you should only then backup newer photos to the NAS.

About the same on Android app.
You can select month by month the photos you want then select "download" to get them on your phone.

I put in a feature request to Synology to add the option to the mobile app, maybe we'll get it in 3 to 4 years.:ROFLMAO:

It did work. however, on the PC it shows the added photo by todays date and not the actual date the where added. Better than not having them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.