Synology Photos - not showing

NAS
DS120
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and new to Synology devices..

From an old WD myCloud that is not supported anymore, I've migrated to a Synology DS120. Installation went fine, however, when copying files it gets difficult.
From the old system, i've had folders like Pictures, Music and Video. Those were found easily by the WD apps, Bose devices and also mediaplayer onto TV (Philips & Sony).

Now I want this system also to be in place, but I encounter the following issues:

1. Music
A. is not really an issue, this is being copied into the folder 'music' on the file server. Bose system looks good so far, however for me it is not possible to rename the 'Music' into 'Muziek' (Dutch); the 'audio station' remains busy. When clicking the 'action button' (top right), all actions are greyed out. How to change the name of the folder in this case...?

2. Photo's...
A. I've made a seperate folder, called 'Pictures'. this folder is not be found in the Synology Photos programm (not within Windows laptop, nor Ipad app) and also not by TV.
B. When using the ipad app and choosing backup, those files are being stored under 'home/photos'. However, when moving the Picture folder mentioned under 1) to this folder, it is also not being shown into Synology Photos
C. Tv shows 2no. folders, called Photo(1) and Photo(2), that are not to be found within the file server.
D. from windows explorer - my computer - NAS it shows 3no folders 'Pictures' 'Music' 'Video'; in the music folder, all files are there that have been copied. but in the 'photo' folder, there are 2no. folders like shown onto the TV 'Photo(1)' and 'Photo(2)'; both folders are not accessible to copy pictures to.

So what is going wrong here? All folders from file server are authorised write/read, for users and group.

Hope you can help me out here,
Thanks in advance !!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.