Currently reading
Synology Photos

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Noobie.....Just can't seem to be able to "share" a photo... send it in an email or text from my Synology photos . Choices are only to allow access .... Am I missing a 'duh' thing here?
(can't one attach it ?)

As Rusty said, click the Share icon and you'll need to get this:

Screenshot 2021-10-13 at 8.24.05.png

Just copy the share link.

Thanks for clarifying.... So that is the only way . I was thinking of attaching as a jpg or HEIC to email or text.

Last edited:
I did that and pasted the link in an email.... opened the lURL ink and got a page seen below
it was a quick connect link

PS just went back to try and see what is wrong but I've had 2 beers and it is not a good time to solve problems .... BUT I did see I could click download (on a Mac) and it instantly opens in Preview... I just hit send from there and it opens in mail as a jpg.
But I am curious why my link won't work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.29.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.29.21 PM.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
I can confirm this. Clicking OK button is mandatory or you will get a login screen for a public shared image.

But I am curious why my link won't work
Why this is happening might be with your reverse proxy settings (if you have Photos over revers), but looks like you are not landing on Photos app at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.