Synology News Synology® Product Reliability Statement

Currently reading
Synology News Synology® Product Reliability Statement

That sounds like a very carefull statement to claim that their products 'seems' to be fine so far.
Cold comfort that is. The c2000 issue didn't arise immediately either. Per the Tom's article...
"Intel is basically saying there are reliability issues with its Apollo Lake processors where the 14nm chips are likely to die before the warranty is up. Having identified the problems, Intel is proceeding to refresh the entire Apollo Lake lineup."

So... 2 years down the road (post-warranty) my NAS may be a steaming pile of odiferous material.

"Intel is urging its customers to transition existing affected products to the new stepping as soon as possible. "

Which sets me wondering whether Synology is negotiating fire-sale prices from Intel for these questionable chips.

... also wondering if the "resistor fix" applies here ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.