Synology News Synology® Unveils DiskStation Manager 6.2.2 - A Solid Platform for Data Management

Currently reading
Synology News Synology® Unveils DiskStation Manager 6.2.2 - A Solid Platform for Data Management

Well, it seems that us with version 1 and 2 have been sort of beta-testers for Synology.
Would have been nice to know though - now we are stuck with the "beta's".

I was finally offered my first version of 6.2.2 today, which I guess is version 3, not really sure I want to install it yet in case we have a version 4, sounds like there have been a few issues...

I was finally offered my first version of 6.2.2 today, which I guess is version 3, not really sure I want to install it yet in case we have a version 4, sounds like there have been a few issues...
I hear you! In exactly the same position myself.

Last edited:
Curiosity, add a bit of excitement to my life, and I couldn't be sure that the long list of security vulnerability fixes was worth ignoring (or not). Most fixes were for featuresI don't use.

So far both NAS are ok, though I've not had much time to check ... importantly VS is still working. Plus thought I'd test out the betas of Synology Drive 2.0 and Office on the DS215j since I'm only using this as a Hyper Backup target at the mo.

The new Drive has consolidated the previously separate client apps for sync and backup into a single client app, and the the server and share sync packages are now all named Drive ... makes sense and less confusing to the interim mix of interworking Cloud and Drive packages. The only remaining 'Cloud' package will be Cloud Sync for sync'ing, e.g., Dropbox to the NAS.

Come now m8, take one for the community ;)
Haha, I'm usually a bit of OCD when it comes to updates, just Have to have them.

But, the latest update for UniFi Controller and now DSM have me second guessing myself. Everything is working really well and i just can't be bothered fixing things these days. Might hold off for a while.

Ok, so I gave in to temptation (and I was getting emails and notifications from DSM reminding me) so gave in and upgraded. All went well, no issues to report so far. UPS, Docker, Surveillance Station, Cloud Sync, HyperBackup all seemed to survive ok.

Last edited:
Well, so far so good.

I saw that there's an issue/policy* change for allowing SSH access, namely that non-admin group users no longer are permitted access. I never considered this to be a good thing for normal users so wouldn't know if this has changed. As for SFTP (which uses SSH) my non-admin group users still have access. Though I use different IP ports for SSH and SFTP.

*ok, so and issue for those that had modified the SSH access controls using command line methods. The default is only admin group users have SSH access.

Is there a way for me to tell which of the several versions of 6.2.2-24922 I have installed, and, if it's one of the withdrawn ones, is there a way to install the revised version? If I go to the ftp site and download and try to install, I'm told that I can't replace my existing version with an "older" version, but I suspect that the version now online might be the corrected version of what I actually have.

Is there a way for me to tell which of the several versions of 6.2.2-24922 I have installed, and, if it's one of the withdrawn ones, is there a way to install the revised version?
Taking the suggestion from the Synology Community, they suggest editing the version info in /etc/VERSION or /etc.defaults/VERSION. Someone said that modifying the latter worked for them but not the former.

I updated when we got the notification in DSM earlier this week (so that would be that last change). Ths is the contents of my VERSION files (both are the same):
majorversion="6"
minorversion="2"
productversion="6.2.2"
buildphase="GM"
buildnumber="24922"
smallfixnumber="0"
packing="official"
packing_id="18"
builddate="2019/05/10"
buildtime="05:52:08"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.