Synology News Synology® Urges All Users to Take Immediate Action to Protect Data from Ransomware Attack

Currently reading
Synology News Synology® Urges All Users to Take Immediate Action to Protect Data from Ransomware Attack

TAIPEI, Taiwan—July 23, 2019—Synology® recently found that several users were under a ransomware attack, where admins' credentials were stolen by brute-force login attacks, and their data was encrypted as a result. We investigated and found that the causes of these attacks were due to dictionary attacks instead of specific system vulnerabilities. This large-scale attack was targeted at various NAS models from different vendors; therefore we strongly recommend users check network and account settings to protect data from ransomware.

Continue reading...
- - -
Source: synology.com

I'm ok...

1563914177151.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.