RT2600ac [Synology router] "Regional Compatibility" option in Wi-Fi settings

Currently reading
RT2600ac [Synology router] "Regional Compatibility" option in Wi-Fi settings

Each country Telco regulations (differences) have an impact to WiFi operation from in/out power and rest of just technical conditions.
You can choose it, but it isn’t mandatory for you.

Last edited:
There is also a relation between country/region specific channels of usage for WiFi. But if you don’t use the settings nothing happens.
Btw, in those days, when WiFi mess is anywhere, incl. all rest of radio frequency spectrum, it is just a shoot in the dark

Thank you, I'm aware of that but what confuses me it's that it's a "toggle" option.. I guess if enabled will limit the wireless card that can connect to it according to their "region" or is it the other way around please? By default it's not enabled. Cheers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.