NAS Compares Synology RS1224+ Rackstation? WHERE IS IT? COME ON SYNOLOGY!

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology RS1224+ Rackstation? WHERE IS IT? COME ON SYNOLOGY!

Welcome to NASCompares YouTube channel!

Check out our next video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt8rzCDhT6E

NAS Compares Video

- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

I am waiting also. Want to get a NAS into my new rack. And then repurpose my current 5 bay to the role of being the backup the rack mount NAS.

Then why did the model show up in recent DSM firmware?
Well that is just a reference to it, that doesn't mean it will be released anytime soon. Ofc this can change, but last info I have is that this RS unit will not come out anytime soon. Still, x24 models are released from June 23 to summer '24, so if the model name will remain the same it might come out before summer.

As an example DS224+ was supposed to be DS223+ but in the end it was x24 as it was pushed.

Fingers XX that this model comes soon!

I really think they have too much inventory to clear before they release the next version. Would love to see it soon though. Although truth be told, my RS1221+ is probably good for another few years until they decide to stop allowing DSM updates on it.

One thing this has done is make me realize my current RS1221+ is good. I would've upgraded earlier this year, but now I realize if I've waited this long, it's currently working, then there's no reason to upgrade until the RS1227/1228+ comes out. Syno lost a potential sale by delaying it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.