blackvoid Synology SA3400 - Part 3 - virtualization

Currently reading
blackvoid Synology SA3400 - Part 3 - virtualization

Synology SA3400 - Part 3 - virtualization

So far, we've seen how to set up the SA3400 NAS, configure it, and how it behaves and works with Synology backup tools, and even stepped into virtualization in part.

With this article, I would like to continue in that tone and see how the NAS specifically behaves when it works with a dedicated hypervisor host or on the other hand, uses the layer 2 hypervisor as part of its package offer.

In the tests that follow, we'll look at how we can configure the SA3400 to be data storage via the iSCSI protocol for virtual machines running HP ProLiant DL360 Gen8, how it will work when certain issues occur, and which disk array will give better results.

I will also do disk tests on the virtual machines themselves and see just how fast it will all work together over a 10G connection.

Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.