blackvoid Synology SA3400 review and testing

Currently reading
blackvoid Synology SA3400 review and testing

DISCLAIMER: In the interest of full disclosure, SA3400 along with all the HDDs (HAS5300 and Exos 7E8) is on loan from Synology GmbH, however, all of the opinions you are about to read are my own, nobody has reviewed or approved this content before it was posted.
Synology SA3400 review and testing

In this article series, I will be looking into Synology SA3400 12-bay NAS running with 4x HAS5300 12TB Synology drives as well as 4x ST8000NM0075 8TB Seagate Enterprise ones.

General overview and testing will include, installing the device itself using Synology RKS1317 rail mount kit, installing and configuring the drives and raid array, followed by various speed tests, service, and protocol tests, as well as application testing.
Continue reading...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Article
So far, we've seen how to set up the SA3400 NAS, configure it, and how it behaves and works with Synology...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In the second part of this series, I would turn to specific tests to show how the NAS works, and how much...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is the first article in the SA3400 series that I was fortunate enough to get on a loan from Synology...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My favorite line... "an ideal choice to deliver 4K video transcoding while matching perfectly with your...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Synology should address these issues from the start so people didn't have to mod their stuff..
Replies
Views
  • Article
Since this blog started there were many articles on Synology apps, but never one about their Chat...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Welcome to NASCompares YouTube channel! Check out our next video below...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back