NAS Compares Synology SRM 1.3 RC for MR2200ac and RT2600ac Routers FINALLY!!!

Currently reading
NAS Compares Synology SRM 1.3 RC for MR2200ac and RT2600ac Routers FINALLY!!!

Welcome to NASCompares YouTube channel!

Check out our next video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NAS Compares Video

- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

This is great news! Cant wait.

However, is there a way to migrate my 2600 settings over to my new 6600 so the 6600 takes over and becomes the head of my network?

Or.

Do I have to set up the 6600 all over manually to the same settings like my current 2600 and then retire the 2600?

What I would love to do is just plug in the 6600, migrate the settings over the 2600 to the 6600, and then use the 2600 as another mesh node on my network. Is that possible with some migration tool, or must I do that manually.

Also, does the 6600 not have an SD card like the 2600 does, so I now have to plug in a USB stick?

This is great news! Cant wait.

However, is there a way to migrate my 2600 settings over to my new 6600 so the 6600 takes over and becomes the head of my network?

Or.

Do I have to set up the 6600 all over manually to the same settings like my current 2600 and then retire the 2600?

What I would love to do is just plug in the 6600, migrate the settings over the 2600 to the 6600, and then use the 2600 as another mesh node on my network. Is that possible with some migration tool, or must I do that manually.

Also, does the 6600 not have an SD card like the 2600 does, so I now have to plug in a USB stick?

And answering my own question, you can migrate, w00t!

IMPORTANT #2! – If you are migrating from an RT2600ac to an RT6600ax Router, make sure to update the RT2600ac to SRM 1.3 first, then backup your router configuration in the control panel by heading to Control Panel > System > Update & Restore > Backup Configuration. From here you can create a config file that you can store locally on your computer, which can then be used to reinstate your configuration on the new RT6600ax. SRM 1.2 configurations cannot be used on an SRM 1.3 Router.

I'm still not sure, hopefully someone can inform me, does the 6600 not have an SD card for storage, and only via USB?

They are available now!

2200ac:

2600ac:

6600ax:

Will there be the SRM 1.3.1 for RT1900ac router released as well? Ofcourse no need of mesh function (probably even not possible with RT1900ac), but still would be nice to have this older model updated too.
1900 model will not get SRM 1.3

Will there be the SRM 1.3.1 for RT1900ac router released as well? Ofcourse no need of mesh function (probably even not possible with RT1900ac), but still would be nice to have this older model updated too.
I don't believe so. This is the list of released RC installers.

1655971420126.png

The resolution for new vulnerability in SRM 1.2 and 1.3 is to upgrade to the SRM 1.3.1-9316 release candidate. That would leave the RT1900ac unpatched so one would hope that there will be a SRM 1.2 patch coming for it.

I have an RT2600ac mesh with 2 MR2200ac. I have an RT6600ax sitting in the closet Waiting for this release. Lucky for me I was out of town when it came out. There are significant known limitations and issues in the release notes that would suggest it is an RC in name only.

Die hard Synology Router fans on the Synology Community site are running into serious problems.
I put my RT6600ax back in the closet. As Elton John once said, “Someone saved my life tonight…”

I am grateful to the testers and posters who are suffering this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.