Currently reading
RT2600ac System is busy or unstable

Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
I find that after a few days I typically need to reboot my Synology RT2600. The reason being that if I try to access the network center it will take forever to update the details in the status tab (e.g. my internet connection and wi-fi networks). It will typically respond with something like 'the system is busy or unstable'.

This morning I noticed that while it's in this state if I go to control panel, system, SRM update I get an addition message saying (something like) it cannot connect to the internet to check for new versions of SRM. However, I do have internet connection on all my connected devices via the router.

Normally a reboot will sort all of this out.

Having put a ticket into synology they said they suspect thread prevention is to blame. I've disabled that and we'll see what's what tomorrow. Has anyone else had similar? I did noticed a thread on the stability of SRM 1.3 with threat prevention running which is the closest I've found.

As an aside I've started to notice that my HomeKit set up has become a tad 'flaky' at times. I did blame this on the new Home architecture (which had been known to cause many issues) but I now wonder if the synology isn't helping (struggling with all the multicast/mdns stuff).

Has anyone else had similar?
I have and I do not run TP package on my mesh setup. Same symptoms as yours. All works but the UI is non-responsive in terms of getting valid info in certain modules. A reboot fixes this. This started after the latest update and happens about once a month maybe 1,5 months.

I have had no changes on my end apart from the update so pretty sure it has something to do with that.

Upvote 0
I have and I do not run TP package on my mesh setup. Same symptoms as yours. All works but the UI is non-responsive in terms of getting valid info in certain modules. A reboot fixes this. This started after the latest update and happens about once a month maybe 1,5 months.

I have had no changes on my end apart from the update so pretty sure it has something to do with that.
Interesting. I exported my logs and there are loads of errors in the mesh log. This is odd as I don't use mesh - just the one RT2600. It will be interesting to see how things are tomorrow morning.

I'm debating whether or not to buy a 6600, but don't want to spend the money just to have the same issues.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
2x2600’s here. Not running Synology mesh, 2nd 2600 is “spare on shelf”, but with either 2600 I have a Linksys E2000 as wired WIFI Access point in garage to expand WIFI. Configured this way I am not seeing what you are seeing, With TP. TP runs without any problems here.

Upvote 0
2x2600’s here. Not running Synology mesh, 2nd 2600 is “spare on shelf”, but with either 2600 I have a Linksys E2000 as wired WIFI Access point in garage to expand WIFI. Configured this way I am not seeing what you are seeing, With TP. TP runs without any problems here.
TP was running fine, but Synology seems to think it was causing my problem. Indeed, uninstalling TP has made my system more stable. Odd...

Upvote 0
Just to compare… when 2600 is unstable what CPU & Ram useage are you seeing?
I see 40-65% CPU 50% RAM IN A 5 min monitoring.
Similar figures to you. My Synology has been stable for a few days now with threat prevention turned off.

Might start it up again to see if problems return.

Upvote 0
Well been going though this for 3 months only VPN installed, when it goes the cable lights says still internet, but the device is unpingable, and then 3-7 mins starts working again
It status says it has not restarted
Only thing I can assume it's maxed out it's CPU
But even with that happening I would expect the nic to be pingable, even moved the cable connected to it to another port
At this point I think it's flawed and going randomly off line is not acceptable,
Almost tempted to replace with a mini pc pfsense box and force this into ap mode only
Very frustrating, and the support and the level of support is barely level 1 ,
They keep saying we are pushing to head office and the Devs
3 months later...

Upvote 0
Last edited:
30-40% mem
CPu going from 30-80%
That I can see
On mine
-- post merged: --

I did notice today though it had a fit came back
But while it was, I connected to the router via the app, over the internet on my mobile
I think this might be a fault with the internal ports, maybe the chip powering them is faulty dying etc
Seems odd the internet port works, but the internal dead for a couple of mins

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.