Currently reading
System restart suggestion

NAS
Synology DS920+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Recently, I received a message Suggesting I restart the NAS as the drive database has been automatically updated. Is this something new or is it a sign of a problem. Never happened until recently. TIA

Mine just started this and I keep it on 24/7 as I run the usual backups and tests at night. Once I restart it goes away for about a week or 2. I found something on Synology's site about manually updating the db file. I'll chat with synology tech support tomorrow. See what they suggest first unless someone here knows.

Mine too, wasn't sure what to make of it as I'm quite new to all this NAS stuff. I don't have any critical business activity going on here, so I just rebooted the system. Thanks for letting me know that it will most likely reappear, appreciate you getting with tech support.

Tech support says they checked my logs, "didn't setup access to do so," and am running a vpn. They suggest I rotate my drives as one of them is showing a "reconnect error." That error is 6 months old and hasn't increased. I have a spare but am not doing anything unless the count increases.

I think it maybe a DSM setting or glitch as you guys are having the exact same issue.

Tech support says they checked my logs, "didn't setup access to do so," and am running a vpn. They suggest I rotate my drives as one of them is showing a "reconnect error." That error is 6 months old and hasn't increased. I have a spare but am not doing anything unless the count increases.

I think it maybe a DSM setting or glitch as you guys are having the exact same issue.
that doesn't sound right, are you using quick connect? I wonder if they gain special powers when using quick connect. If so, I'll be unchecking that box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.