Tailscale10gbe network

NAS
Synology ds1821+
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hi. As a newbie I may be totally misunderstanding the concept of how Tailscale works but anyway here goes:

On my Synology DS1821+ I have a gigabit ethernet port connected to a switch/modem for internet access and I also have a direct connection between a 10gbe network expansion card on the NAS and a 10gbe network card on my mac.

Do I need to use Tailscale to use the drect connection safely?

If I do then how do I force tailscail to use the 10gbe connection?

Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Similar threads

• Question
Yes, Omada is TP-Link's management system. Have set a reserved IP range and have put the NAS into that -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Mmm..., looks like the problem was that we were connected to a dead network port. When livened up, all...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
hi im having the same problem can you tell me what you changed? I only my router to a tplink router it was...
Replies
Views
There are three MASQUERADE rules* but I cannot see how they relate to the don't NAT name, or anything else...
Replies
Views
What I've found out: 1.) If I turn off the Kill Switch, then I'm good to go with the local devices 2.) If...
Replies
Views
  • Question
FWIW, I use WebDAV to map folders from my DS110j to a Win10 laptop. Perhaps importantly for this thread...
Replies
Views
  • Question
looking to setup adGuard home on a raspberry pi 4b to block ads for every client on LAN network. I use...
Replies
Views

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back