Question Task scheduler - script output

Currently reading
Question Task scheduler - script output

NAS
DS918+
Does anyone know how to get the output of a script into the task scheduler 'Run Result' window ?

eg if I run a simple script that echoes 'Hello' in the terminal, I presume this is stdout ?

Yet when run in Task Scheduler, both the 'Script:' and 'Standard output/error:' boxes are empty...

Never looked. I've scripted a redirect of command output to a file in a shared folder, but then that's what I wanted ... the recent tail of the the message log to a place where I could read it without using SSH.

Now looked and it's under Action -> View Results. Nope don't see anything here when I run my script and Help is no help.

Yes I suppose so

Unrelated, but does anyone know how to trigger a script on power on ?

I don't see an option other than a set time each day, but if the NAS is never turned off, then it will spawn a new script process each day...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.