User introduction Tested the depth with both feet

Currently reading
User introduction Tested the depth with both feet

Just got 1 G internet (had none before...live in boonies) Bought a 220+ NAS to be my cloud storage, media server, home cameras etc. Added a 1 T USB WD drive for Time Machine (which continues to run well as backup to grab and go) as well as a TM on the NAS. Updated to Big Sur and now have a bunch of problems and being new to this not sure if the problems are me or the new configuration. Having trouble with Synology Drive as well accessing a shared folder on my MAC (MBP 2020). I am still psyched to have this setup but not confident I can tweak what's needed to make it run well. Enjoy learning so hope to make it happen. (My wife's MBP with Catalina is still backing up fine to NAS).

Thanks.
I tried to but Apple warns that the software is not up to date and won't install. I have 6.0.2 installed now. Is the one newer?

Thanks.
I tried to but Apple warns that the software is not up to date and won't install. I have 6.0.2 installed now. Is the one newer?
You are right this might not work for you.

Try this workaround until the patched version comes mid-December

Thanks for your help Rusty. My Menu bar i=con is openable and the Client opens as well. Where it seems stuck is either my fault in setup or the task is not being performed. All I wanted to be done was to have my Apple Documents folder synced to a folder in the NAS Drive so that I could access the files while on the road. When I open the Client I get the window that displays my Server as well as the MY DRIVE (Two was link) as well as stating the folder. However there is no files in it when accessed from the iPad App or laptop.

Question: A few weeks ago I set up Synology Drive and my Documents folder from my Mac. So as I put new document files in a window would pop up on the right of the screen showing the syncing to the NAS Drive. Suddenly this morning this is not happening and the green dots next to all the document folder in my MAC are no longer there (they appeared when I set this up)... any thoughts?

Question: A few weeks ago I set up Synology Drive and my Documents folder from my Mac. So as I put new document files in a window would pop up on the right of the screen showing the syncing to the NAS Drive. Suddenly this morning this is not happening and the green dots next to all the document folder in my MAC are no longer there (they appeared when I set this up)... any thoughts?
Have you changed anything on the Syno or macos side? Like upgrade to Big Sur or something like that?

I do have Big Sur but I have been using the sync for a few weeks since without concern. The only thing I can think of besides "Authenticate the device" to Apple so I could use the app store.
I checked the "shared folder sync" in Control Panel... nothing is set up (It says "Server Status: Unknown) as well as looked at the rsync (which is currently not checked ?) in File Services. As I am new to all this I do stuff in a step by step instructed way which works with the guidance of YouTube etc... but understanding what those steps do in the right order is still a steep learning curve.... which I am interested in and trying to learn. Hell maybe I'll try restarting the Mac and see if some magic happens! Thanks for your input.

Okay ...who says jiggling the carb flap doesn't work!... I decided to open the Drive Client ...then in my menu bar clicked on the icon for the Drive... drop down menu ...this action suddenly started the sync process of the 6 files I had been working on all day...hours ago. I also noticed that I did not get the popup side panel notification (Though I have that checked in settings) that I have always gotten nearly instantaneously when adding a file to my mac documents folder...that they have been added to the NAS. Not sure what or why this is happening so if anyone has a conjecture ...fire away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Back