The capacity of the drive decreased a lot after instaling Synogoly Drive

NAS
Synology 713+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Hello
I instal on Synology DS713+ Synology Drive Server. Before I do this there was 400Gb free space on Disk's. After one day disk space decrease to less then 1%. I delete today about 200GB old files and empty the bin. Disk Capacity for few times decrease but now increase about 1gb every 5-7 minutes. The only reason I install Synology Drive server was th have possibility to download files to phone if it will be necesery during my holidays. Probably I start some service that use some big amount of disk space. How to make that Synology Drive Serwer don't use disk space ?
Best Regards

Did you activate versioning for any Drive folders?
Yes, this. On an ext4 formatted system, all versioned files are duplicated for Synology Drive (and Cloud Station Drive).

Only version what is essential. If you have off-NAS backups (which you should), you likely have old versions available.

Yes I turn on versionin. Yestardya I disactivate versioning but from yesterday Synology work non stop, procesor is used in 60% and hard disk work non stop. Whot is the reason ? There is no transmision over internet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.