The CPU utilization has reached ??%, which exceeds the pre-defined value of 80%.

Currently reading
The CPU utilization has reached ??%, which exceeds the pre-defined value of 80%.

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Occasionally (well once a day or so) I see:

SYSTEM ResourceMonitor. The CPU utilization has reached 93%, which exceeds the pre-defined value of 80%.

In the system log (overview). It shows as varying percentages; 83%, 93%.

Any ideas as to what can be causing this? I had thought the NAS needed a clean out (which it has now had yesterday) but I still got the warning last night. I've looked in the CPU section of the resource monitor but can't even see it spiking that high.

SYSTEM ResourceMonitor. The CPU utilization has reached 93%, which exceeds the pre-defined value of 80%.
That must be new to DSM7. I see no such notification under DSM6.

That said, CPUs routinely burst to near 100%, so I'm unsure how that is handled. On my "widdle 213j", the CPU is always pegged above 97% when performing extended transfers, parity checks... Nearly every operation sends it above 80% for a while.

I don't understand the 80% CPU threshold for your system. Surely a more astute member will speak out on this.

Upvote 0
Nothing special that I'm aware of. Possibly Synology 2 backup or one of the events. These are the only events that take the CPU that high. The 80% threshold I thnk was set in DSM7 (not sure though).

Upvote 0
You could add a load of performance alarm rules for the Services so that they are likely to be triggered along with the System 80% CPU rule, e.g.
1636294059062.png

Or increase the System CPU rule to 90% or 95%.

Upvote 1
The problem so far is that it only seems to trigger in the middle of the night when I'm not around... I'll see if I can set a few service rules and see what that does.

Upvote 0
Well.. huh! I set up warnings for all services (as mentioned above) and not one triggered even though I got a 83% warning overnight. So I guess it is something I'll have to live with....

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.