The "Empty all Recycle Bins" in Task Manager...... External Drives too?

Currently reading
The "Empty all Recycle Bins" in Task Manager...... External Drives too?

NAS
DS 718+, 2x-DS 720+
Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I've been playing around with an SSD in an external esata enclosure on my 720+... After Copying in many GB and deleting much, then copy some more, over and over, the space on "satashare" drive appears to be updating space immediately on deletion.... But I have that "Empty All Recycle Bins" task in Task Manager, that executes nightly....

But.... does that task "Empty All Recycle Bins" -- apply to 'external drives' -- Specifically the esata attached drives, as well as the folders within the SHR?

Thanks... PS... I think I saw the mentioned SSD created esata buss 'saturation' referred to Synology document regarding expansion chassis... that cautions to only use spinning drives in 517... My esata enclosure is metal, so SSD was stuffed due to heat build up of drive running 24/7/365 in an enclosed metal container...

The use of drive in external esata was to create a storage location (on 2x NAS's) that would provide redundant storage, yet also free up space in Both NAS's SHR Drives.... Postponing the purchase of larger drives....

PPS: I was expecting Synology to Report that the SSD used in esata enclosure was not in the "Approved" list, (2 different SSD MFG's tried... Both worked fine so far) as they did with Barracuda's in SHR.. But there were no prompts whatsoever.... (Obviously Smart Tests failed)...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.