"The LUN is being backed up by another user. Please try again later"

Currently reading
"The LUN is being backed up by another user. Please try again later"

New here!!

I have a Synology NAS on location that has an iSCSI LUN linked to a Windows Server machine.
A LUN backup has been set up via the "Backup & Replication", which should synchronize to another Synology NAS in our Data Center.

The connection test is successful, but after starting the job it failed after a short time:
"Network LUN Backup failed to backup task [LUN BACKUP] to [ ipaddress ([222]) The lun is being backed up by another user. Please try again later".

I have 10 other tasks that all work on their designated schedules. This one specifically seemed to stop syncing about a month ago.

I've searched all over and of the very few people I've seen that had this issue, none have had a resolution.

I just resolved this about ten minutes ago. I needed to restart both NAS. A power outtage caused my NAS to go down about a month ago, after awhile all my targets synced back up except for this specific one. It was giving me that error. Restarting both at the same time seemed to resync it finally.

Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.