1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Last edited:
Something really odd just happened today. I wanted to create a new backup task for a specific folder on my Synology. I have space on my google drive as it's only a small folder in size. I went through the steps to authenticate google drive and went to select the folder from the little drop down box. After around one minute of trying, hyper backup reports that 'The operation failed. Please sign in to DSM and try again'.

I have not changed any of my settings and it worked fine yesterday. I also have several backup tasks pointing to my google drive that have run daily without missing a beat, so I am at a loss as to what is going on. I've tried:

1. uninstalling hyperbackup and reinstalling,
2. checked that my domain name matches that which hyperbackup states at the end of the authentication process,
3. I've even done the super technical support answer of a reboot.
4. Also temporarily disabled the firewall, just to rule out any port blocking.
5. Tried different browsers: Brave, Safari, Firefox.

Unfortunately, I am unable to resolve the issue - any ideas? Please do not say "don't use hyperbackup" as this is the first time I've experienced this error in over 7 years of using Synology equipment.

Thanks in advance

Do you have the firewall enabled, or limit some user access to specific IPv4 addresses? And if you do, could it be that something just decided it was using IPv6… which you may have blocked or at least not enabled in the rules.

I had a similar thing when I allowed my admin account to use only local IP … erm IPv4 addresses. Then I was blocked using BBEdit from my Mac to the NAS, which turned out was trying IPv6.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.