The SSD Edition: 2022 Drive Stats Review (Backblaze)

Currently reading
The SSD Edition: 2022 Drive Stats Review (Backblaze)

SynoMan

Administrator
Founder
www.synoforum.com
NAS
DS720+, DS418play
Router
  1. RT2600ac
  2. MR2200ac
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
As of December 31, 2022, there were 2,906 SSDs being used as boot drives in our storage servers. There were 13 different models in use, most of which are considered consumer grade SSDs, and we’ll touch on why we use consumer grade SSDs a little later. In this report, we’ll show the Annualized Failure Rate (AFR) for these drive models over various periods of time, making observations and providing caveats to help interpret the data presented.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 09.40.27.png

Read more:

Last edited:
Marginally useful data as SSD capacities are far less than HDD they are compared with, and the average age reported offers little long term assurance.
Just FYI.. the quoted text should be formatted as
Or "quoted", as I initially presumed this was SynoForum data.

These kind of data should only be shared with the confidence limits, the table is available on the backblaze site, so everyone can judge for themselves how useful the data is/how to interprete. And as always, I enjoy reading it, so thanks for sharing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Old thread notice: There have been no replies in this thread for quite some time. The last reply was on .
The content in this thread may no longer be relevant. It might be better to open a new thread instead.