NAS Compares The Synology HD6500 60-Bay Rackmount NAS IS FINALLY COMING!

Currently reading
NAS Compares The Synology HD6500 60-Bay Rackmount NAS IS FINALLY COMING!

The Synology HD6500 Rackstation 60-Bay NAS is REAL and it is COMING​

SYN-2020-ED-11-Custom.jpg

Before I crack on and explain why the Synology HD6500 Rackstation NAS is a big deal, indulge me a little and let me tell you a story. I have been following the world of NAS (and data storage in general) for the bulk of my adult life and although I have seen quite a few solutions shown off at trade shows and previews, I have always had this tiny voice in my head that, when I see something particularly groundbreaking, whispers “I wonder if this will ever see release?”. This is because in the last decade alone I can name about 15-20 different NAS solutions that never saw commercial or even industrial release. Synology is as susceptible to this as any other brand – they are a business and as good as a concept is, it has to remain viable, profitable and in market demand. Remember the network gateway SG1000? The 2.5G equipped DS1620xs? They came and went – either changed in architecture or gone altogether. Why am I telling you this? Well, this is largely because I would have SWORN than the 60-Bay HD6400 Rackmount that QNAP previewed to visitors of their global launch events in autumn 2019 was cancelled. Aside from it never being mentioned again in ANY public or event semi-private event in the 2.5+ years since, it was also a fantastically huge solution that was several times to architecture of anything the brand had produced up to that point – heavily gearing towards the hyper-scale. Of course, I was wrong! The newly revealed HD6500 Rackstation NAS server (yes, they changed the name) is actually coming and although this is most certainly a solution that is targetted solely at the enterprise and highest storage tiers, it is certainly quite a wild ride to look at the specifications of the biggest and most powerful NAS that Synology has ever commercially produced. Let’s discuss everything we know.

Continue reading...
- - -

Check out FREE NAS advice section on nascompares.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.