DSM 7.0 Third party apps (namely NZBGet and Transmission)

Currently reading
DSM 7.0 Third party apps (namely NZBGet and Transmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NAS
DS214PLAY
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Looking into upgrading to DSM7 on my DS214PLAY however my x2 essential third party apps being NZBGet and Transmission need to work otherwise I aint upgrading
Was burnt last time I tried with the beta release and got the infamous "packages with root privileges..." error

Can anyone confirm if either of these x2 third party apps install within DSM7 RC?

Based on the horror stories from Plex developers, it will likely be quite some time before 3rd-party developers have DSM 7 compatible packages.

The short-term solution (possible, long-term solution) is to run these packages on Docker.

Based on the horror stories from Plex developers, it will likely be quite some time before 3rd-party developers have DSM 7 compatible packages.

The short-term solution (possible, long-term solution) is to run these packages on Docker.
Thought as much, however my NAS doesn’t support docker so am out of luck re upgrading to v7

Status
Not open for further replies.