Hello everyone,
I'm very new to the scene I'm looking for repos I can add to my Nas
Already add Syno Community
anyone got any good ones

Hello everyone,
I'm very new to the scene I'm looking for repos I can add to my Nas
Already add Syno Community
anyone got any good ones
Most repos are dying in favor of Docker. If your model can support it would recommend it.

As to your initial question, I never used anything other then synocommunity. Sure there are some out there

Most repos are dying in favor of Docker. If your model can support it would recommend it.

As to your initial question, I never used anything other then synocommunity. Sure there are some out there

Synolgy Ds218J I don't think can run it when go to the package install it dose not show up

The ease of adding stuff to DSM using Docker is similar to Homebrew on Mac (though a different system, it's the ease of adding I'm highlighting here and extending the built-in functionality away from the vendor's scope). The Docker-capable Syno NAS should be spotlighted along with what it can do to open up the usefulness of the NAS vs capable but functional NAS that are, well, mostly just NAS.

My DS215j is now my backup NAS after finding out what the plus series can add.

Unfortunately I can't load Docker on my Nas
I started with a very low and Nas because I wasn't sure I was going to like Synology
Synolgy Ds218J will have to do till I can afford a 4 Bay next year around this time

regarding the DS218j and your initial request:
for a testing purpose of each useful possibilities (syno or 3rd p. packages) this is not a great way how to start the journey with Syno NASes - specially when you need run several packages in the NAS.

It will help you to taste just small portion of Syno world, rest (more useful) of them will be hidden, because your NAS is out of performance criteria.
Just to be sure, your NAS horses:
- 1,3GHz 2C CPU based on ARMv7 with 32bit architecture used last time in 2012 for iPhone 4S or first iPad mini
- 1MB L2 Cache
- 512MB RAM DDR3

This NAS is useful for basic backup and basic file server scenarios (still ok). Don't be disappointed, when you expect more.
Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.