NAS
DS918+, DS218+(2), RS820+
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Running 13 containers and not even using 1.5gb of ram! Love me some Docker apps!

2020-04-01 14.14.37 192.168.1.110 b358b8ffdf28.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I'm always curious about what Docker capabilities. I was intrigued by grocy, but it seems so burdensome... worse even then dieting.

Maybe if it worked like the fancy Amazon Go stores... so when I remove an apple from the pantry it removes it from my inventory and updates my shopping list.

@Telos - I just took a look at grocy. To take advantage of it's full features you would need to make a solid commitment. :) Looks really powerful. Maybe once I have a bar-code scanner mounted in my kitchen I could make it work...

Impressive list, @Geeked.

My newest container is Reactive Resume. What an impressive application. Makes building your resume super easy.
Nice one! Haven't needed a resume in a long time so it's nice to see some other solutions that are out there nowadays.

This is my current setup on one of my docker hosts

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 08.34.png

There is also a Grafana setup and some more containers on another host as well, so little under 40 containers atm.

Last edited:
it's a time for your new entry in Blog part of the Forum - How docker changes my life
I’m not paid to create SEO for other websites 😇 in fact, I will be donating here soon. Imagine me also writing articles for free 🤣😂 Perhaps @Rusty should drop his blog and start writing exclusively on this forum. I like control and preservation of my own data. That’s all. It’s still an idea I’m kicking around.

Rusty will not drop his blog, but on the other hand is has become a feed for topics in this forum. Still, on top of this, I do write an occasional resource material (writing one just now) that will actually double as a topic as well on my blog.

@Geeked nothing prevents you from writing your own blog on your site. It's perfect that you like this kind of information sharing (as idea till now).
This forum works for free, is public and it is based on the principles of free information sharing. No one is paid for knowledge sharing here.
If you are interested to share your knowledge here in the future and you will decide to do so, we will be happy. If no, it's your own decision and no one will blame you.
Upside down - maybe here is a good place to test your writing skills because stable audience an closed environment. And you can get valuable feedback in discussion = also for free.
People to people voluntary support or what remains here?

@Geeked nothing prevents you from writing your own blog on your site. It's perfect that you like this kind of information sharing (as idea till now).
This forum works for free, is public and it is based on the principles of free information sharing. No one is paid for knowledge sharing here.
If you are interested to share your knowledge here in the future and you will decide to do so, we will be happy. If no, it's your own decision and no one will blame you.
Upside down - maybe here is a good place to test your writing skills because stable audience an closed environment. And you can get valuable feedback in discussion = also for free.
People to people voluntary support or what remains here?
Maybe I should. I've started blogs in the past only for them to fall on the wayside due to me just getting bored of it. If I cannot find a niche I really like then why would I write about it right? I really like networking and technology so this could be good.

Rusty will not drop his blog, but on the other hand is has become a feed for topics in this forum. Still, on top of this, I do write an occasional resource material (writing one just now) that will actually double as a topic as well on my blog.

Where is said blog?

If you like I can write something about data interpretation, what is my primary job. E.g. how I found behavioral economy model between electricity consumption and delivery points. But now I have different personal task for this forum. Then - Who will be first with the blog here - he will be first for ever!

Help with a "DOH!" question from someone still noob-ish w/Docker...

I searched on "Grocy" and came up w/a ton of containers. Some are add-ons/related, others appear to be cpu-specific (e.g., for ARM) but others just seem like "another Grocy container." How do you decide which one to use, or ID if one is "official" vs ?

For example, how choose between linuxserver/grocy vs. grocy/grocy-docker below.

1585926871090.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.