This volume is currently read-only

Currently reading
This volume is currently read-only

NAS
DS213J
Hi,

I'm using a DS213J with latest DSM and shared USB drives. Today during use, one of the external USB SSD drives has entered a read only mode.
I now can't update any files or add any files. Please advise how do I restore permissions on the read only USB SSD drive?
Please also any suggestion as to what may have caused this?
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi,

It seems this issue gets restored with a restart of the NAS. The action which might be causing this issue is a robocopy of 500gb data between two USB SSD drives, on port 1 and port 2.

I've never encountered this issue before, but also I haven't used robocopy across USB ports before.

Could the robocopy between USB ports be causing this issue? I'm just guessing - or what else could it be?

Are the days numbered for the NAS?

Thanks

Hi @Telos, I was meaning this unusual behaviour of going in to read only mode - is this a sign that my DS213J might soon fail permanently? Currently I have no explanation to this read only condition, perhaps the hardware is failing?
thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.