Time Machine on NAS, how to access them after format disc?

Currently reading
Time Machine on NAS, how to access them after format disc?

NAS
DS116
Operating system
  1. macOS
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Hy guys. I just changed my ssd on my MacBook Pro and now of course, I have to set a new Time Machine backup on my Synology NAS. But first, I would like to access the old backup to restore some of my files. But...I can't see the old ones and I don't understand why.

I select on TM options my Nas (Time Machine), enter on with my TM user (that worked fantastic) but...I see only the first backup of today..
What I'm missing? :(

I just changed my ssd on my MacBook Pro and now of course, I have to set a new Time Machine backup on my Synology NAS. But first, I would like to access the old backup to restore some of my files. But...I can't see the old ones and I don't understand why
When you installed the SSD have you then installed a fresh macOS version on it or did you boot up so that you have connected to your TM setup and restored from there?

If you have set up a new install and already run the new backup it might have started fresh and terminated the old one.

What does the TM UI say? How much space is it using? Also, if you SSH into your NAS and go to your TM NAS backup folder can you see the size of the TM backup there?

I have done a fresh install of macOS (so nothing was restored form TM)
I setup TM but stopped the start of the first TM Backup just in case
TM say that is all ok, no errors, access with my user was ok, find the disk and all
I can see my folder and see that it's not empty and have all my files inside

So I really don't know why I can't go back like 3 months ago

Hello Rusty. Sorry for being late! Don't know how but now I can see without problem my old daily backup on my TM!!!!! I really don't know what happen but when I wrote this post well, I tried everything for hours!!!!!

Thanks so so much for your help of course!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.