NAS
DS219play
Operating system
  1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I've been interested in the world of document scanning for a long time but I've never dedicated the time it needs.
I want to believe in a paperless office and I want to take advantage of all the possibilities that my Synology DS219play can offer me to store the database there.
I know that there are many candidates in the world of document management but as there are very interesting opinions in this forum, I'm looking for options.
Any recommendations?
(What is clear to me is that software must be on premise and support bulk scanning).
Thanks in advance.

Well, personally I am on this path myself, and anything that can be turned digital I try to keep it digital. I'm using Mayan EDMS (via Docker) for my platform and an all-in-one printer/scanner. Mayan also allows for already digital documents to be tagged and archived so there are multiple channels that can be used.

Not that I use it heavily, but about 5-10 doc/month for sure just to keep it going.

Upvote 0
I know this open source software. I tried to install this DMS through the Docker platform and it was impossible because I constantly got errors. I'm not a professional developer but I don't usually mess around with these things and honestly I couldn't do anything. I just wanted to test it and that's all. Besides, open source is real until you have to hire support, whose prices are quite high. I guess they do it on purpose.
Perhaps Mayan is more functional when used in a less intense way.
Thanks anyway, @Rusty.

Upvote 0
I use Paperless in Docker. Light and works as expected. Maybe try this one:

Upvote 0
I use Paperless in Docker. Light and works as expected. Maybe try this one:
I will check...
Thanks @SynoMan.

Upvote 0
Perhaps Mayan is more functional when used in a less intense way.
In any case, if you need help with setting up docker environments of these apps open up a new topic or just use the existing ones (including this one)

Upvote 1
Another doubt I've with Mayan is if it supports MySQL or MariaDB databases like others DMS. In the FAQ of the Mayan website I have not found something that solves my doubts.

Upvote 0
Another doubt I've with Mayan is if it supports MySQL or MariaDB databases like others DMS. In the FAQ of the Mayan website I have not found something that solves my doubts.
Not sure I follow. Do you want support for mysql or maria or what? Mayan as far as I know runs only with Postgres as it's default DB platform. Haven't looked into any DB alternatives for it tbh.

Upvote 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.