Transfer/Migrate Plex on Windows 10 to Synology 1520+

Currently reading
Transfer/Migrate Plex on Windows 10 to Synology 1520+

What am I now doing wrong? Any suggestions?
So progress is there. The problem is that your mount folder (on the side of your new Plex server) doesn't have the needed permissions.

The folder that you have mapped your remote location needs to have read permissions for the following account PlexMediaServer

Screenshot-2021-07-12-at-10.01.39.png

Make sure that that account has read permission on your folder. Note that it is a system internal user so be sure to change the upper left dropdown menu from local users to system internal.

That's the account used by Plex in order to scan for the data.

Rusty,
Many thanks for the info. I believe I have succeeded in mapping the media. It seems the problem I was encountering was related to mapping for media files. After a bit of trial and error, I successfully mapped the files. However, I still could not seem to view the files. The problem related to managing the library. Under adding a folder to the library, one has to browse for a media folder. Under add a folder, I was not selecting the proper path. I need to select the volume in the left column and then select the specific folder in the right column. THIS WORKED!
Thanks a million,
Harold

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.