NAS
DS218
Operating system
  1. Windows
  2. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I had Transmission v3 installed on my ds218 via synocommunity as docker is not available on ds218.

after upgrading to dsm 7 beta, transmission has stopped working.

any fix for this?
I was able to make plex start running again by giving folder permissions to it.

any similar fix?

I had Transmission v3 installed on my ds218 via synocommunity as docker is not available on ds218.

after upgrading to dsm 7 beta, transmission has stopped working.

any fix for this?
I was able to make plex start running again by giving folder permissions to it.

any similar fix?

Wait for final version of DSM, beta may have bugs.

@ThinkYEAH that may take months.

Plex provided a fix in a day.
I understand transmission is much smaller than plex but I hope they at least provide a tempor fix to make it run or provide a roadmap.

i doubt they will since dsm 7 is in beta

@ThinkYEAH that may take months.

Plex provided a fix in a day.
I understand transmission is much smaller than plex but I hope they at least provide a tempor fix to make it run or provide a roadmap.

i doubt they will since dsm 7 is in beta
Transmission is a 3rd party app and Plex version that goes on Syno NAS are also supported by Synology and Plex teams, so you just have to wait and hope for the best.

I had the same issue with NZBGET and TRANSMISSION. Im new to this forum, but Im getting a "holier than thou" vibe from the responses to peeps looking for smart workarounds to beta DSM releases :unsure:

Hopefully someone will post a fix soon.

I hate using download station on DSM 7 as it's pretty limited in torrent management

Hello there!

Is there any news about the Transmission package. This is only one functionality mission in test version of DSM7 which I really counting of :) I was trying by typing command sudo /var/packages/transmission/scripts/start-stop-status start but still does not work.

Thanks,
Lukasz

Hello there!

Is there any news about the Transmission package. This is only one functionality mission in test version of DSM7 which I really counting of :) I was trying by typing command sudo /var/packages/transmission/scripts/start-stop-status start but still does not work.

Thanks,
Lukasz
I think it will be a while before a fix is released.

The syno GitHub page is aware of the issue. It has something to do with DSM 7 restricting root privileges.

I have a feeling we will be using Download station for a while on DSM 7😔

I was trying to install Synocommunity docker and try to create package by my own but at the end I am not the developer at all and finally I gave up. Really crossing finders something will be available soon :)

I was trying to install Synocommunity docker and try to create package by myown by at the and I am not the developer at all and finally I gave up. Really crossing finders something will be available soon :)
I have a ds218 which can't run docker. I am in in a bigger hole than you due to this😔😔

Is there any solution how to run the Transmission through the docker overthen? I am aware I can run the docker but I am not fammilar with the Docker technology at the end :)

Is there any solution how to run the Transmission through the docker overthen? I am aware I can run the docker but I am not fammilar with the Docker technology at the end :)
Google it. I remember people being able to run transmission via docker on DSM 7

I manage to run Transmission through Docker but I can say few words about the performance it's hard to comper with native package than to the one in Docker. The one in docker is working much more slower and still does not address the one from previous versions of DSM :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back