I thought that I set everything up correctly but...... no access to Synology Drive server externally. Here is what I did, hoping someone can tell me where the error is.
- Created an 'A' record in my DNS forwarding sub domain drive.mydomain.com to my static IP address (I pay for a static IP from my ISP).
- Created a CSR from my DS1821+ and used it to purchase an SSL certificate.
- Added the SSL certificate in the security section of DSM and made it default.
- Configured all services to use the new certificate (why this doesn't happen when making it default?)
- Turned on the Synology firewall and created rules 1) allow all to all services on local subnet, 2) allow only my country access to port 6690, 3) deny all to all services.
- Created a port forwarding rule in my router to forward incoming traffic on port 443 to the reserved IP address of my Synology NAS and to port 6690.
- Installed Synology Drive client on an android phone, turned off wifi and tried to connect to drive.mydomain.com with the ssl box in the app checked, timed out no access.