1. Linux
  2. macOS
  3. Windows
  4. other
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
I'm having trouble re-using/formatting what used to be cached SSDs for my 415+ after the 415+ died.

I have 2 500gb SSD which were used in a cache rw which i had been using previously with my synology 415+. It's like both ssds died at the same time. I've tried diskpart recover/clear/activate part/unlock etc (i've tried this via usb and via sata). I tried a couple of freeware re-partition software... I'm just not having any luck. It doesn't recognize the physical drives at all. I wish i had another synology to test it in to see if it would recognize it, but i don't and its not (currently) worth it to purchase a synology just to attempt to bring back 2 ssds. Disk management doesn't recognize it in Windows.

Anyway if you have any ideas/suggestions let me know, thanks guys/gals.

David

luls - Hi CoffeeBlack! We have noticed that you don't have an avatar to be unique. You can upload your avatar here.....Yes ok but how much flare do i need?

edited - removed from above to make it easier to read through the important bits above...
When the 415 died a few weeks back i tried to get back the data off the 2 8 TB drives from my Windows box with a ubuntu vm, which was a chore, but doable (i have a long write-up in another forum detailing how i brought back the data from those drives without the use of another synology) [note: this is a 415 with the issue with the atom cpu, pretty sure it was an atom, and i soldered a resister or something on there to get it going again, lasted 1.5 years after that; also i tried getting a new power supply as an easy fix, but that also did not work].

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to SynoForum.com!

SynoForum.com is an unofficial Synology forum for NAS owners and enthusiasts.

Registration is free, easy and fast!

Trending threads

Back