Currently reading
trying to get a working certificate on RT2600ac for openVPN access

Router
  1. RT2600ac
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
A couple of weeks ago I updated my RT2600ac to SRM 1.2.4-8081 Update 2. Over the course of a week or so, I ended up having to hard reset the router 3 times as it would keep dropping all network connections. Unplugging and rebooting the router would not work. Each time I restored my configurations from a backup file I made before hard resetting. After the 3rd hard reset, it has been running fine for a couple of weeks now. The problem is that I now cannot connect to my network via openVPN for android client. I have a Blue Iris computer that I use to view my security cams connected via openVPN.

When I try to enable openVPN in VPN Plus Server/Standard VPN, I get an error saying "To enable OpenVPN service, please import the corresponding intermediate certificate first." The server certificate is issued by Synology and expired on 1/31/2021. I've read and read and worked with tech support and I still haven't gotten this working. I don't understand the process necessary to create a new certificate. When I export the current certificates under control panel/services/certificate, the 4 files I get are ca.crt, ca.key, server.crt, and server.key. The Synology tech notes are not good at all at explaining what I need to do to get a certificate that will work for me to connect.

I realize this is a newbie question when it comes to certificates, but I am just trying to simply figure out how to fix this. The only connection I make to my VPN is via the openVPN client for Android.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.