Trying to Migrate Controller - confused

Currently reading
Trying to Migrate Controller - confused

NAS
DS918+
Operating system
  1. macOS
Hi All,

I am trying to migrate my controller from a OS X Machine across to a Remote Synology NAS. The following page makes it seem very straight forward up until step 4. How are you meant to create a new site and import the file into the new controller since you cannot skip the setup page?

What is the point of setting up a new site under the existing controller if you are trying to migrate it to a totally separate controller?

KB: UniFi - Migrating Sites with Site Export Wizard

Also with port forwarding, I have opened and forwarded all the ports for the new controller - this is now accessible via FQDN (using DDNS - not an SSL site). Do I need to forward or open anything on the USG?

Thanks,

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 11.08.50 AM.png

So I gave it a shot by restoring and now I have a bit of a mess --- Does any one know next steps?

It added what looks like another Site automatically to my Cloud Portal (No idea why or how) - so I could see the old one and the new one. Do I then select the new one and set up a new site there in the Cloud Portal?

(side note: why are there two IP's? (there is a 1x USG and a 1x NanoHD)

Before Uploading Backup File

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.25.29 PM.png

After Uploading the File to the New "Remote Synology" Controller

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 12.33.01 PM.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.