Currently reading
Trying to reduce versioning on a DS218+. Drives are FULL

NAS
DS218j
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
I have a DS218j with 2 x 4Tb drives. I'm a newbie though the system has been running maybe a year.

I’m trying to reduce the number of backup versions I have on my NAS as I have run out of space. I cannot install any more or update existing utilities as I am told my storage is full.

I learnt after a bit of chasing around that I have to run Synology Drive Server to reduce the number of backup versions I have. OK, fine.

When I look at

Synology Drive Server

It is stopped initially and tells me to first run:

Synology Application Service

And this shuts down informing me that

PostgreSQL is not running.

Now what do I do at this point? I'm lost.

I SUSPECT the issue is that the drives are totally full. I'd rather not reformat drives and start the system again from scratch, but I can't

I’d appreciate any polite suggestions folks.

Thanks

Thanks Rusty. See attached. Is this what you're looking for? It IS self explanatory, I guess, but I need to progress.
Space.JPG

I’m wondering if uninstalling Synology Drive will give the option to fully uninstall, i.e. some packages give the option to either delete or keep the database and other package generated data during removal. If it does then I would be inclined to do that and then install Drive afresh. This shouldn’t affect real folders and files that are accessible by File Station, etc.

Don’t know if you have already emptied them, or if you even have them activated?
Have you emptied the recycle bins?

I’m wondering if uninstalling Synology Drive will give the option to fully uninstall

I believe I had tried this myself with my ds718, I don’t believe it will delete that data. I think the only way to get rid of the data is go into versioning and turn it off or reduce it to a day. Then wait a day after to see reduced space. If you have snapshots turned on, this will have to be wiped too.

I had an issue with my ds at 88% full. Some back and forth revealed that it was possibly some hyper backup cache. Once cleared my space went back to 20% full, which was about right for what I had.

Thanks folks, this is very helpful to me. I appreciate the replies.
I had been waiting for emails telling me there had been replies but then found all replies indicted in my Spam box, for some reason. Grrr.

Anyway, this is very helpful as I'm coming to grips with the system.
Regards from downunder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.