Trying to replace Synology's RP with NPM but this isn't working as expected. How to solve this?

Currently reading
Trying to replace Synology's RP with NPM but this isn't working as expected. How to solve this?

NAS
DS920+, DS916+, DS211j
Operating system
  1. macOS
  2. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I've setup NPM to replace the bulletin Synology RP and it isn't working as I would like it to do.

These are the steps I've taken so far:

• Port-forwarding 80 and 443 to Host (Nas where Docker NPM is running) 80:8080 and 443:44300
  • Open 8080 and 44300 in Firewall
  • Setup NPM with Access List for some subdomains to allow LAN ONLY access
  • Setup NPM proxy hosts for subdomains with SSL (imported my wildcard LE Cert) and some subdomains with LAN ONLY access
  • Testing
  • Remove the subdomain enteries for Synology RP

Test 1: So when I try to access the subdomain from the outside e.g. baikal.mydomain.com I get access to the login-page. (that is good!)

Test 2: When trying to access the next subdomain (with Access List On) from the outside e.g. vaultwarden.mydomain.com I get the 403 Forbidden page (that is good!)
Screen_Shot 1.png

Test 3: When I remove the subdomain from the bulletin Synology RP I cannot connect anymore using my subdomains within my LAN Network e.g. vaultwarden.mydomain.com goes to the webstations webpage (see screenshots).
Screen_Shot.png

Test 4: Re-entering the subdomain in Synology's RP connecting to a subdomain within my LAN works!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
TIA

Port-forwarding 80 and 443 to Host (Nas where Docker NPM is running) 80:8080 and 443:44300
how did you manage to get npm to use 80/443 on the host side of things if those are reserved for the nginx instance inside Synology?

Open 8080 and 44300 in Firewall
Why? What fw exactly?

Re-entering the subdomain in Synology's RP connecting to a subdomain within my LAN works!
This feels to me like you are not even hitting your npm proxy with these tests.

I didn’t NPM Docker is using ports 8080 and 44300.
It does, internally, from docker side. But you have the host side mapped to 80/443. So again, how are you managing that if 80/443 are already in use by Syno's nginx?

For NPM Docker?!
Not sure I follow. What do internal container ports have to do with your NAS firewall traffic?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.