Currently reading
trying to understand volume setup in linuxserver-grocy1

NAS
DS220+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
Would appreciate any help to understand what I have not understood with the volume settings setup as shown. I have placed a config.php in the config folder with a setting to change currency to GBP but the log says no custom objects found and grocy comes up with currency in dollars. Many thanks. Thought after posting to put a reference to the config.php file too but this has had no effect

Volume Settings.JPG

Sure. Let's start with the basics: A volume mapping consists of a host path and a container path delimited by a colon. The Dockerhub description parameters -v /host/path:/container/path (sometimes only -v /container/path) can be translated to the Syno-Ui like this: the left hand side before the colon is "File/Folder" in the Syno UI and the right hand side after the colon in the "Mount path" in the Syno UI.

While you can pick whatever you feel is correct for "File/Folder", you MUST stick to the container paths the image description mentions. Do not deviate from the container paths, unless you understand what you are doing and know how to configure the application inside the container to use the alternative location. As the image description does not mention any environment variable to override the config location, there is no official supported way to override it.

Thus said, remove your last 2 mappings, and change "Mount path" to /config to use an actual valid configuration.

From the image description page I saw '-v /path/to/data:/config' Thanks to your explanations I realise what I read as two paths needing to be mapped to the Synology folders are in fact the left and right side of the map. I am new to docker, understand the concepts but I have been googling and youtube-ing many 'easy to follow' explanations but have found it not necessily applicable to the Synology docker. Thankfully I have now come across the help provided here and grateful for the pointers. As often is the case the correct method is very obvious once things have been explained. Would I be right in thinking the mount path is in relationship to the container title e.g. grocy within the docker folder and so the volume and sub folders to grocy are superflous . I think I have understood the port mapping in that every container can't use port 80 so each container's port 80 (if used in the container) is mapped to another. In my case I used http and 5080. JPG enclosed. 443 or 5443 for me being the secure port and used with https. The environment variables are something further for me to investigate and understand and I have attached what I hope is an image of those but I don't know what I may have to override and how and where. Is this may be where I would set up access to the grocy SQLLite db for backing up and restoring. Again I pass on my thanks to those who have replied

Attachments

• grocy enviro.JPG
    grocy enviro.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 7
  • grocy links.JPG
    grocy links.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
  • grocy ports.JPG
    grocy ports.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 7
A couple comments...

PORTS
Not sure why the second entry pointing to 443 is necessary. This is not a default for this image.
The external port leading to container port 80 may be any value you choose (as long as it does not conflict with other package needs... just FYI...)

ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES
I don't see these...

2Gcz0Ur.png

As a minimum you should add the PUID/PGID values for your Synology account. Optionally, add the timezone variable for your area ... TZ=America/Chicago, for example.

BTW... this is a fairly complex and tedious (IMO) package to use... personally it requires too great a commitment to inventory all my foodstuffs, usages, meal calendars, etc. Enjoy that if you are able.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.