NAS
DS1019+, DS916+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last edited:
I am confused about using Radarr in docker. Right now, I am using the community package of radarr, and I want to instead start using radarr in docker. I have radarr configured and running in docker, but I have something basic wrong.

I have followed this guide - Radarr in Docker on a Synology NAS - and I have have radarr running in docker.
So I set the variable "/movies" to be the folder I usually download my movies to ("Movies-2020-DS1019" in my case; this works best for me, and I don't want to change the structure, or add a new structure that I have to point Plex to, if I can help it).

Since I am running SABnzd as a downloader, also as a community package and not as a docker image, I also set the variable "/downloads" to be "downloads", which is where SABnzd downloads to.

Then I went and added my "docker-user" account to the permissions on both of those folders, so docker containers could access them.

And then I was able to go into radarr, add a movie, search for that movie, download that movie ... but it never finished importing, saying it couldn't find any files to import. Yet the file was there, in the "downloads/complete" folder with the usual obfuscated name from a newsgroup download. So it all downloaded correctly, but radarr couldn't do the final step of renaming the file, moving it to the folder structure, and kicking off a Plex library re-scan.

Radarr says "You are using docker; download client Sabnzbd places downloads in /volume1/downloads/complete but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container. Review your remote path mappings and container volume settings.". But I have set "/downloads" to be "downloads" in the Volume section of the container.

I missed something basic. But what? Do I need to specify "downloads/complete" to map to "/downloads/complete"? I see the "docker-user" in the permissions of the "downloads" folder, and all it's sub-folders ...

Thanks. I'm quite new to docker and containers ...

In the radarr UI you need to set the remote path mapping as well in the download clients tab.

Last edited:
OK, I have done those mappings (see screenshots). The status still shows the same error. File downloads, but is never renamed and moved.
-- post merged: --

Ah. I see that my "Download Clients" Remote Path mappings should be as below, following that example. And then it downloaded my movie! w00t! Thanks so much. I knew it had to be something simple and stupid on my part.

Great! One step closer to running all my downloaders in docker, rather than packaged apps ....

Attachments

• RootFolders.PNG
    RootFolders.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 769
  • RootFoldersDownloadClient.PNG
    RootFoldersDownloadClient.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 766
  • RootFoldersDownloadClient2.PNG
    RootFoldersDownloadClient2.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 763

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.