Tweets to RSS free service?

Currently reading
Tweets to RSS free service?

Reeder 5 is an RSS client as far as I know. I have a client (Lire), that I use to read from my FreshRSS feeds (on Docker). But I want to add twitter feeds to my FreshRSS on the server. Twitter used to allow that but no more. A few services (some are free) did (or are doing) that now. That’s what I’m looking for, free ones.

rss.app is great but the subscription is expensive. You’d give it the twitter URL (e.g. https://twitter.com/synoforum and it’ll generate a URL that I can add to my FreshRSS. And the tweets are fed as RSS. But it’s not free.

rss.app is great but the subscription is expensive.
Wasn't aware of this one and they don't say anything about prices. How much does it cost?

I still keep a FeedBin account based on the original annual pricing (it's now $5/month for new subscribers). I could try and explain it but this is better :)
There's also a personal rss feed that is created from articles you 'star'. Couple that with an action to star all Twitter articles and you can see them in FreshRSS. I don't do this with Twitter but I do send NAS alert emails to the FeedBin personal email address and feed them back to FreshRSS.

Yep, Reeder 5 is a client with built-in sharing/aggregator that uses iCloud storage. This is my client of choice for FreshRSS.

Last edited:
How much does it cost?
About $9/month. Not bad if you’re fully using it, but all I need is a few twitter feeds :)

FeedBin account
Thanks. I’ll take a look.
-- post merged: --

Here’s their price tiers…

5FE657E7-0D08-4C76-95AC-F68384CA7E38.jpeg

Looked at Feedbin. rss.app looks more polished. But it could be an option if all fails.

Reeder 5 is a client with built-in sharing/aggregator that uses iCloud storage. This is my client of choice for FreshRSS.
Do you know about Lire. Once you use it you won’t go back to Reeder :)
No free trials unfortunately, but a one time payment of $10.

Looked at Feedbin. rss.app looks more polished. But it could be an option if all fails.

No free trials unfortunately, but a one time payment of $10.
Reeder ftw. Period. :P

Last edited:
I don’t know about News Explorer but with Reeder 5 (and I have the iOS/iPadOS version). It shows a three liner for a lot of the articles and if I want to read the full thing I’ll need to tap and it takes me to the publisher’s website to read it. I hated that so much. Lire caches the articles.

Reeder 5
EEC0DDE2-DF6D-4D31-905D-11E3B15994B9.jpeg

Lier
B7594E98-4476-4701-AE93-9E940B31E0DE.jpeg

I went through a fair few RSS readers from Palm through iOS and Mac. Eventually I settled on Reeder 1 or 2. With so many going and coming back I found it nice to have some stability. Plus I wanted to try a free app first and not rely on in-app purchases either.

But it's good to hear about other FreshRSS compatible readers :) Lire should get themselves on this list here GitHub - FreshRSS/FreshRSS: A free, self-hostable aggregator…

with Reeder 5 (and I have the iOS/iPadOS version). It shows a three liner for a lot of the articles and if I want to read the full thing I’ll need to tap and it takes me to the publisher’s website to read it. I hated that so much. Lire caches the articles
Have you enabled Full-text view for feeds? From the Mac app settings for FreshRSS.
1632405115433.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.