Two sides to every story...

Currently reading
Two sides to every story...

NAS
DS4l8play, DS202j, DS3623xs+, DSM 7.3.3-25847
On another forum on the Sonesta galaxy far, far, away... I ran across this...
I sold my DS414 on Facebook but the buyer managed to brick it pulling the power during a firmware upgrade and so returned it.
Now it's stuck with the blue flashing light of death and no beep.

More interesting (maybe) that either I am search impaired or a conspicuously similar post, with an entirely different viewpoint, has miraculously vanished from the SynoForum ethosphere... perhaps a junior mod stretching new-found wings clicked the wrong button.

Interesting, that the comment above talks of pulling the power during an upgrade (DSM?)... What an entangled web.

Well ... there's another tale... it goes like this...

I bought DS414 today for £170 pounds from a guy off facebook. Bought it home plugged it in and had trouble picking up the new one on my network - i currently have a DS214SE and decided because of lockdown i upgrade and migrate the disk. Anyhow plugged the new system in had trouble picking it up on my network - then finially manged to pick it up after a while - started the Wizard it did what it had to do then it said it was shutting down REBOOTING - OK when it rebooted the came on with a blinking BLUE flashing lights - I rang the guy who i bought it from and he saying i have damaged it

... and back and forth we go... Wheeeeeee.....

More interesting (maybe) that either I am search impaired or a conspicuously similar post, with an entirely different viewpoint, has miraculously vanished from the SynoForum ethosphere... perhaps a junior mod stretching new-found wings clicked the wrong button.
Search for “bricked” in the forum confirmed what @fredbert wrote. here is the result link

but back to the main topic - as was written - unreliability (of what or whom)

Personally I don't buy second-hand electronics (even for data, what are my valuable asset) because I want to avoid described problems. Then it’s difficult to solve such situations. Yes, everybody hasn't the opportunity to buy new things. No doubt.
But “cheap” goods are frequently like magic, then the good deal opportunity driven by low price as main trigger of buyer decision can hide the problem of lack of guarantee. And we are beginning to perceive the power of the guarantee too late. Because the guarantee counts, also in the purchase price.
Similar is an example of "skillful" shoppers, because their behavior is based on - I'd like to purchase the goods with lower possible price, but they expected full guarantee. People are crazy.
Some people don’t take a responsibility for their decisions, then they need blame to someone else. Valid for both sides in such cases - buyers and sellers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.