Two Synology NAS servers on one IP - Drive Client can't connect remotely

Currently reading
Two Synology NAS servers on one IP - Drive Client can't connect remotely

So I've done that and on the wifi, one of our machines returned a mixture of the local (server) IP and the external (router) IP. Is the presence of a local IP result good enough to assume it's connected locally? It seems to be working pretty quickly...

Howdy!

After a long wait with internet companies, we've finally got our new line in to the new office.
I still can't access my router, but our provider has set up the router so we can do this now.

Synology replied to say that you just have to set up port forwarding to redirect traffic to a specific router.

In the Drive Client, you can just add :6690 to your connection and it works.

So on one of our connections, we now use :16690 and the router diverts all the traffic to a specific server.

It's been a long month of people moaning at me for slow speeds, but today everyone is a happy camper...

This is not my job. 🙃

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.