Ubiquity Community - Forum change

Currently reading
Ubiquity Community - Forum change

Gerard

NAS
DS718+
Looks like Ubnt also changed their forum style; a lot of unhappy folks over there as well. Seems like post are now through tags as opposed to discussion topics. Are all forums heading this way? I don’t understand why change something that works

Telos

Once upon a time, we had USENET... and then Google Groups arrived to destroy the land... o_O

jeyare

NAS
1811+, 3x 1813+, ...
Thx for my decision to move 2M ago to Unify platform (router, switch, APs) I have no issues in my also in company network, then I have no idea about U-community.
SynoMan/Rusty community is enough for me :) , of course with all of you gents! Sometime we need limited our digital life, because we lose the real.

SynoMan

Staff member
Administrator
It's a trend for some community admins. I guess it's a matter of taste, but I never liked that kind of discussion boards. Hard to navigate or find anything.

Well, maybe we should invite them over here :D

tb123

NAS
DS916+
I have a full UniFi setup at home. I stumbled into the new community the day it went live and wondered what in the world had happened. My first thought was they’d f$#ked it just like Synology did. At least they have the balls to own up to the mistake. Time will tell just how much they manage to fix it.

What I don’t understand is, why?? Why mess with a perfectly functional platform and turn it into a steaming pile of 💩 ?

It costs momey to do it, and, you alienate your entire customer base and piss off the very people you use as a resource to help sell and support products.

Tedster

NAS
DS1515+, DX213.
It looks like Synology are using their own forum software.

It's not the first time they've made mistakes with writing that.

I've never known them admit to them though.... pride before a fall and all.

jeyare

NAS
1811+, 3x 1813+, ...
I can answer why.
You can see anywhere around you:
  • people aren’t rational.
  • there are tons of “non-experienced” people who do their business based on “I think”, but they don’t listen
  • internal development (UBQT CEO confirmed). It is not about how many JS developers I can bring, or what perfect framework is it. It is up to - if I have an idea - is it in line of my customers expectations?
  • if it’s out of the basic expectation, how I can manage it?
  • .... then the enabler of the “do it better” is based on listening, then thinking.
They have a feedback. It will take a time and cost when they repair the current job.

But people do same job in still same way - again and again. An example- how many people bought NAS, then they are unsatisfied, then ask for a help, the just start an understanding about the possibilities of the NAS. This is the real life.

DennisT

NAS
10 Synology NASs
I don't care. Bought a bunch of POE access points from them. Hooked them up to a Cisco POE switch. None of them worked. Turned out they were originally designed to only work with their POE switches. They then changed the design to - gasp - meet industry standards. However they didn't change the model number or version number. So I ordered WAPs that said they met spec, but they were old ones that didn't.

Send them all back and purged Ubiquity from any future vendor lists.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Rules Help Users
Any NAS support topics need to be posted in the forum.

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.