Currently reading
Question UDMA CRC error count

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
As I've said elsewhere, I've populated my DS1019+ with existing HDDs. Looking at the Health Info, I can see that two of the drives have high drive reconnection counts, which equates to UDMA CRC Error Count in the SMART attributes. One has a count of 93, the other a whopping 93,667. If I look in the History tab, no errors are recorded there, which presumably means that they all occurred before the drives were mounted in the NAS.

Am I safe to assume that the errors were caused by the previous SATA interface, rather than the drive itself, and as long as those error counts don't increase further, then I needn't worry?

NAS
DS1819+, DS1815+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Is storage manager reporting the array as healthy? if so and you aren't noticing anything strange performance wise I wouldn't worry about it.

Those type of errors are typicaly caused by improperly connected or faulty SATA data/power cables.
I hightly doubt that this type of error even qualifies for a harddisk warranty case.

If you compare the email reports of your monthly harddisk intergration checks, you should see wether the number grows or remains static.

NAS
DS1019+
Operating system
  1. Windows
Mobile operating system
  1. iOS
Thanks. Drives reported as healthy. I’ll run a full SMART scan when I get a quiet period, and keep an eye on those emails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.